Manufactured in a way that allows it to be struck on the spine with the hammer it is an incredibly heavy duty knife with multiple uses.
- Manufactured from a single piece of high Carbon Alloy Steel
- Drop Hammer forged end to end for maximum strength
- Hardened and tempered blade for a long lasting edge
- The spine of the blade is strikable with a hammer
- Simple handle made from two leather scaled held to the blades handle with strong metal rivets.
Originally designed to aid in the removal of putty from window frames. Some of the uses we have been told about of the hacking knife:
- Making kindling
- Chopping firewood (using a hammer and a hacking knife)
- Hacking through cars in the Australian outback
- Cutting holes in tin
- Putting onto the end of a wooden pole to “hack” at / bring down internal roofing
- Used in the Telecoms industry
|Blade Length Inches||Blade Length mm||Pattern Number|